Tuesday, May 6, 2008


It seems like all the great artists that are producing ill graffiti are flocking to LA. I found myself traveling there plenty of times to observe and meet LA's finest artists. I found this show via a radio station which I listen to called hiphopphilosophy.com. It was held at the Crewest graffiti shop where I buy my spray nozzles from. This was a very exciting show for me because it featured one of the best or elite crews in graffiti period called CBS crew (Can't Be Stopped). CBS is a crew of only the best graff artists in LA. This is the group of individual which I look up to that are producing amazing work. During the show there were many artists signing guest blackbooks (sketch books). I got a chance to meet one of my favorite 3D graffiti artists named Ditch from CBS. I talked with him and he explained how he evolved into the graffiti scene and how his leters eventually took a three dimensional form. He talked about how he seen his letters as shapes. He consideres all modern art style when he paints and thinks of subjects of shapes. He simply picks and plugs which letters can be conformed to be abstracted shapes. He also said that he has been doing studies of 3D letters for over 15 years. he is concered about how the light is hitting his three dimensional shapes which happen to be letters. He almost seemed like an architect the way he explained the forms he paints. Although I talked to Ditch there are plenty of artists from CBS that are amzing.

No comments: